Thursday, February 5, 2009

Vineyard Winter... TO BE CONTINUED


i was able to go back to martha's vineyard a few weeks ago, in order to do some general tasks for my sisters boss down there, and while visiting, i was able to take a few pictures, and it was fantastic. i went back to the house i used to live in, and i was able to get some winter shots of my yard and the island as a whole, which was an entirely new experience for me, being that when i lived there, it never dropped below a temperate 70 degrees. I was able to enjoy a relaxing few days there, and get some reading done as well, (Stranger Than Fiction - Palahniuk). All in all, it was a great trip, and being able to spend some time with the summer family was great. i hope to get back down there as soon as the ground thaws, so that i will be able to get some more pictures and some work done. I am very much looking forward to spring on the island, and hopefully the next time i go down, ill be able to drive all the way out to gay head, and get some shots on 35mm, to develop in class. Maybe a retake of that Sunset i submitted to the bridge, of which i have yet to hear back from the judges, but I'm not putting too much weight on it... seeing as that i am in my first formal photography class right now.
i have already learned so much, will certainly be keeping the book, and hopefully will be able to get my own 35mm camera, so that i can get this back to Ben. I've been looking on ebay for a similar camera, and have found some at very reasonable prices, so I'm sure when i come into some money, ill be able to get one... and pay off that credit card bill...

pax amor fidelis
halzyon

1 comment:

  1. did you run into dan akroyd or jaws. jk. great pics though. I just know how to point and shoot

    ReplyDelete